HOME

Friday, February 21, 2014

True Love: A girl and her dog

When she read on my Facebook page that Kitai is terminally ill my friend (and photographer) Ellie Stone messaged me and offered to do a portrait session of Kitai and I so that I'd have some nice pictures of the two of us together. I know Ellie from the Aperture Academy Photography workshop I took back in 2011.


After she contacted me I mentioned that I'd like to get an intimate portrait that showed how much I love Kitai. Even though I look pretty tired the one above is my favorite. It's like Kitai is basking in my love for him. He looks so peaceful and content. It's exactly the kind of image I was hoping for.

I love this little guy so much.

We met in Downtown Campbell because it's always been one of our favorite hang out places.


When you look at him it's hard to believe he's even sick. He doesn't look sick. He just looks adorable :)


Thank you so much Ellie for your caring and concern. Yes, things have been tough lately but along with the bad has been a lot of good. I've been truly humbled by the love and support from so many of you that I am fortunate to call family, friends, and readers here on the blog.


It's thanks to Kitai and all of you I could put a genuine smile on my face for these pictures.

Ellie,

I love them now but will cherish these pictures even more after Kitai is gone. It was a quick session at the end of your long work day so I appreciate even more the talent and effort you put into capturing the images and surprising me with them the very next morning. 

XOXO

Stacie



Updates on Kitai's Condition:

What was left of my heart is being put to the test - February 10, 2014

Kitai Update: Lymphoma and Prednisone - February 13, 2014

True Love: A girl and her dog - February 21, 2014

Kitai Update: Looking for signs - February 26, 2014

Kitai Update: Hanging in there - March 9, 2014

Kitai is almost out of time - March 17, 2014

A once in a lifetime dog. . . RIP Kitai - March 19, 2014

It's been four weeks since you left me - April 15, 2014

0 Click Here to Comment: