HOME

Monday, April 30, 2007

A Flirty Bird?

It's 3:41 am as I type this post. For the fourth night in a row the silence of night has been SHATTERED by a bird that is apparently looking for a little action. Like clockwork at 2:00 am the singing begins. It's a cacophony of sound that can only be described as TOO LOUD. I did some online research and think I've narrowed the culprit down to a Northern Mockingbird. One website I found said that it is illegal to kill, harm, or harass the mockingbird. Hmmm does giving one a refreshing bath with a super soaker count as harassment? He looks thirsty. I'm just kidding.

This oh so flirty bird will apparently stop with the night time serenading once it finds a mate. Normally I couldn't care less about whether or not my avian neighbors are finding their soulmates, but I'm hoping and praying that this guy finds his soon.

0 Click Here to Comment: