HOME

Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Creative, Eco-friendly, To Go Container

I've become so good at remembering to bring my own to go containers when I eat out at restaurants I almost never forget to bring one along anymore. It's a win-win in that I create less waste and only eat until I'm full, reducing my meal portion to a healthier size.

Boca Burger and Salad at Armadillo Willy's

Deanza Hash Browns with a side of tomatillo sauce at Hobbee's

Chickenless Asian Chicken Salad at Panera Bread

Whoa. What is this?

But last night I couldn't finish my Orale veggie quesadilla and I'd forgotten to bring a container along. Fortunately I had remembered to bring my own cup so that I could get water without wasting the disposable cup they would have given me at the restaurant. Sooooooooooo. . .


My improvised to go container: Quesadilla in a cup! It worked fine until we got home when I transferred it to a regular storage container with a lid :) I was very happy I was able to find an eco-friendly solution! Hubby just thought it was weird :P

0 Click Here to Comment: