HOME

Saturday, March 11, 2006

IT SNOWED IN CALIFORNIA LAST NIGHT!

OK maybe the picture is an "over" dramatic recreation as there wasn't nearly that much snow on the ground by the time we got there... But I think there might have been earlier that evening!

So last night my friend and I got caught in snow, yes I said snow on HWY 280 on our way back from San Francisco. How weird is that? There was one police car swerving back and forth across all of the lanes of traffic at about 15 mph. First we thought there must have been an accident. Then I thought the cop was drunk. As it turned out there was snow and ice on the highway!

When I called to tell my Mom this she sounded completely skeptical.... "It must have been hail" she said. She lives where there is lots and lots of snow in the wintertime. This forced me to go online and find the following excerpt from an article in the San Jose Mercury News to prove to her that I know the difference between hail and snow.

Snow above, sleet below
By Hong Dao Nguyen

... And the weather continued to wreak havoc into the night. About 11 p.m. Friday, the California Highway Patrol was stopping both directions of Interstate 280 between Edgewood Road and Highway 92 in San Mateo County because of snow, ice and poor visibility. Officers were leading drivers one by one along the slushy roadway...

0 Click Here to Comment: