HOME

Monday, December 3, 2007

My Fav Thai Restaurant in SF

If you go... Order the "Gai Prik Khing" crispy sliced chicken pieces & wok tossed string beans with sweet kaffir prik-khing chili. I did and it was the best! Next time I go I will try to order this dish with tofu instead of chicken. I bet it will still be fabulous.

Years ago, before I became allergic to shellfish and voluntarily gave up eating pork, my other favorite dish here was the "Basil's Panstickers" made of shrimp & minced pork, served with Thai style ginger soy sauce. These were to die for! The vegetarian "Pad Thai" is always a great choice as well.

I've been going to Basil for years and the service has always been professional, attentive and consistent. To me it's a gem. There are many restaurants with terrible service I'll still go back to because the food is so good. Or restaurants where the service is better than the food. But this place has performed 100% on both points every time I've ever been there.

Basil is located South of Market. It's not really walking distance from downtown but it's well worth the effort it takes to drive over.

Basil
1175 Folsom St - Between 7th & 8th St (street parking)
San Francisco, CA 94103

415 552-8999

2 Click Here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

No way! I just ordered this twice last week. Crazy!

Tinygami said...

We'll HAVE to do lunch there sometime soon! Maybe in January since I'm busy moving this month. Love BASIL! Maybe we can get Colleen to meet us there. She's the one who first told me about them. It's our "regular" place when we get together.

:o)