HOME

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lemon Sugar Cookies with zesty lime salt

Mmmmmmmmm I just baked these cookies last night. They're from the Salty Sweets cookbook by Christie Matheson.

Can you see the details on the yummy edges? That's sugar, salt and lime zest. The cookie dough called for lemon juice and lemon zest. I sense this book is destined to become one of my favorite cookbooks. So far I've made three of the cookie recipes and they've all been excellent!

Christie includes cute stories on each page giving some background info on what inspired each recipe. This cookie was her solution to a bad margarita experience that left her unable to ever drink another margarita. The citrus, sweet and salt of this cookie satisfy her urges. I've never had a margarita so I don't know if this is a close substitute but it is a great cookie. Light, crisp and full of fresh citrus flavors. As an added bonus my kitchen and house smelled amazing after baking them.

0 Click Here to Comment: