HOME

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Roasted Pear Pizza @ The Cheesecake Factory

I have to admit, I've never been one to swoon over the food at The Cheesecake Factory. But yesterday I had a pizza that I haven't stopped thinking about. Technically they call it a "Pizzette" on their "Small Plates and Snacks" menu. It was so great I had to let you know.
Click on Image to Enlarge

The menu reads:

Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese: Pecans, Arugula and Caramelized Onions.

It was really amazing. The crust was light and crisp, the arugula fresh, the pears soft and sweet, and I think the pecans were candied... Overall it was just yummy! I did make one request and had mozzarella substituted for the blue cheese. Not a fan of blue cheeses. Really phenomenal pizza. I really want to learn how to make a crust like this. Will have to work on it this winter.

CLICK HERE to view more flavors of Pizzettes
on The Cheesecake Factory's online menu. Another tip: The next time I go I'm ordering two. They aren't expensive and two will make a decent sized meal for the average person.

2 Click Here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you COMPLETELY! I was there yesterday for a late lunch with my family. I wasn't "that" hungry so I immediately went to the "small plates" section. My eyes locked onto the Pear, walnut and arugula pizette! WOW! SO yummy! Thanks Cheesecake!!

Carl Mindling said...

I think pear is just about the most perfect fruit to pair with cheeses. Some of my other favorite varities to combine with pears are gorgonzola and brie too.