HOME

Monday, March 26, 2012

A green idea: Eco-friendly to-go containers

No, it's not a new product. It's just a simple idea that feels great every time I don't have a disposable container to throw away or recycle.


The other day I had this fresh and nutritous Spinach Salad for lunch at the Bell Tower Bistro in Saratoga, CA. The salad comes with baby spinach, caramelized walnuts, apple chunks, blue cheese and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I passed on the blue cheese but had all the rest plus some freshly ground black pepper.


And it was so good!


And it came with two pieces of focaccia bread.

I'm trying to help start a new trend.

And I couldn't eat it all so I took almost half the salad home with me to eat for dinner that night. Took it home in my own to-go container that I'd brought with me.

Since 2009 I've blogged about bringing your own to-go containers with you when you dine out. Have you done it yet? It's so easy. I mean what's the difference between walking in with a container if you're going to walk out with one? I find more and more the wait staff really supports the idea.

At first Hubby thought it was weird but he's now more or less desensitized to my habit. Of course the fact that I also bring my own reusable cupimprovise containers when needed, and carry reusable travel chopsticks all helped to get him there. LOL

If you do it too take a picture of your food in your container and send it to me. I'll add it to this post :)

0 Click Here to Comment: