HOME

Monday, November 12, 2012

A dessert buffet at Sweet Tooth Confections

Looking for great desserts? Go visit Sweet Tooth Confections, a new'ish bakery in San Jose, CA located just around the corner and down the street from Valley Fair Mall. The company isn't new, it was established in 2009, but their retail location at Bascom and Newhall is.


After attending their "Sweets and Vino Night" retail location launch party, and sampling several (that would be *cough,* five, *cough*) desserts, I can honestly say that they have mastered a standard of baking excellence and quality control that's often inadequately maintained or is completely missing at many other bakeries. Each dessert was so perfectly balanced in flavors, textures, and aesthetic it was a sensory overload of delectable pleasure! While quality control isn't fun to think about, this essential (yet often overlooked) element of the baking and sales process is imperative if you're going to offer desserts that taste as good as they look. Not one of the desserts I tried was disappointing.


My thanks to Head Pastry Chef, and owner, Rachael Myers for inviting me to sample so many of her desserts. These photos don't do justice to the way they tasted.


My favorite? These little Peach Cobbler Pies.


I didn't try them but they were recommended to me and I heard a LOT of people say the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes were their favorites.


I did try this S'more cupcake. Each bit of a s'more, the graham crackers, chocolate, and toasted marshmallow, was represented. Combine them together and you have an elegant version of the campfire classic. The moistness of the cake was spot on.


Tiny fruit tarts. I had one because fruit is healthy. But it didn't taste healthy, it tasted delicious!


And these petite Lemon Meringue Tarts were Divine! 


There were plenty of cake pops including Gingerbread and Brown Sugar Toffee.


I'm a sucker for caramel so I had to try one of these Caramel Toffee Apple Bites. It tasted as ooey gooey good as it looked with a wedge of fresh apple dipped in the caramel then toffee bits.


And I loved the berry filled pie pops!


Since I don't eat pork I passed on the Chocolate Salted Bacon Cupcakes but everyone who ate them raved about them.


So many bite sized treats and not a big enough stomach. LOL. Clockwise from top left: Red Velvet Cupcakes, Lemon Lavender Cupcakes, Apple Pies, and Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes.


Strawberry Shortcakes in tall shot glasses would be a showy option for any dessert buffet.


Double Fudge Brownies with drizzled frosting.


And we each received a little bag of Salted Caramel Popcorn to bring home with us. I had mine for breakfast the next morning. It was fantastic.


Sweet Tooth Confections also bakes and decorates elegant wedding cakes.


Here are just a few examples of their work.


Their cakes are sophisticated, artful, and imaginative..


The Sweet Tooth Confections team.


And then I had to draw upon every ounce of willpower I had. At the end of the open house guests were invited to grab a box and fill it with leftover desserts. This was someone else's box. I fought the temptation (since I'd just eaten five desserts) and politely declined. Sometimes I surprise myself with just how much willpower I can muster up.

But I will go back for more. You can keep up to date what's available each day in their retail shop by joining their Facebook page where they post a daily menu.

You'll find the very talented Chef Rachael and her team of bakers and decorators at:

Sweet Tooth Confections - Website
1305 N. Bascom Avenue Suite I
San Jose, California 95128


0 Click Here to Comment: