HOME

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Perusing fancy foods and working at Macworld: Moscone Center here I come!

When you hear "Fancy Food Show" do you think of me? My friend Christine did.

Hosted by the National Association for the Specialty Foods Trade It's taking place for three days at the Moscone Center in San Francisco beginning this weekend and yes, as a baker, home chef, restaurant diner, and shopper I'll be there:

"Each year the 17,000+ Winter Fancy Food Show attendees discover more than 80,000 products featuring the world's finest foods and beverages from more than 1,300 exhibitors representing 35+ countries."

Aside from the show floor there will also be educational seminars, showcases and cooking demos, and a business building program for exhibitors and attendees.

The Fancy Food Show is in San Francisco January 20-22, 2013

While attending a friend's holiday party, the one I baked the fancy apple tart for, I bumped into Bay Area chocolatier Christine Doerr of Neo Cocoa who asked if I was going to go to the show. What show? I asked. After visiting the website for tickets I realized, since I'm not a wholesale buyer in the industry my only chance of attending was to apply for a press badge. But first I had to meet their press criteria. I applied as a blogger, sent a resume of food blog posts I'd written along with confirmation of my traffic stats and voila! Despite not being a dedicated food blogger I was approved to attend. Yay!

So far I'm hoping to run into Christine and to visit Toffee Talk, one of the chocolate companies from the International Chocolate Salon competition I've helped to judge for the past two years, who tweeted me and asked if I'd be there. I'm going to stop by their booth for sure. If you work in the food industry as a buyer or seller maybe I'll see you too.

Macworld/iWorld is in San Francisco January 31 - February 2, 2013

And more news: At the end of the month I'll be working at Macworld/iWorld. I've attended Macworld in the past but hadn't planned on going this year, which turned out to be a good thing when my friend Richard mentioned he was going to be there with his Insanely Great Products and was looking for people to work in his booth.

What's really cool for me is that Richard is bringing me on staff for two days before the show so that I can help make some of his products so I'll be able to share firsthand information with show goers about not only what the products do, but how they're fabricated. That's some brilliant marketing imo.

I'll be gett'in my geek on working at the Insanely Great Products Booth #355

So if you'll be attending Macworld drop by and check out Insanely Great Products at Booth 355 and say hello. If you like to buy products made in America and you're in need of an ingenious iPhone holder for your car or desktop and/or if you need a modern, durable, and lightweight iPad stand for personal use (table top design) or commerce (on a pedestal stand to use at checkout) you may find just what you're looking for. I purchased the FrameShift iPad stand for hubby for Christmas and he loves it so there's a first person testimonial for you right there!

0 Click Here to Comment: