HOME

Sunday, November 10, 2013

I'll be perusing unique antiques at Goat Hill Fair this Saturday


Guess where I'll be perusing my favorite kind of wares in just 7 days? At Goat Hill Fair a juried, vintage, antique, and artisan fair being held at the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds in Watsonville, CA. It features not just local vendors but vendors from all along the west coast.

I love vintage, antique, and second hand goods. It's like you're giving them a second chance at life when you find a treasure, take it home, and put it to good use.


While I don't usually pre-promote events, opting instead to share a from-my-point-of-view recap after attending, I'm making an exception this time because I have a feeling some of my readers will want to attend as well. The creator of this showcase is Cyndi Garafolo, a merchant I used to know from her shop "Garafolo's Interiors" formerly located in Downtown Campbell, CA. When she closed her retail storefront I was told they would be reinventing themselves. I had no idea it would be in such a fun and unique way.

Sadly, I've missed out on previous Goat Hill Fair events. Not this time! With advance warning and an invitation to attend as media I'll be there with bells on. Or a bell. A goat bell. You know, the kind on a leather collar that looks like a miniature cow bell. LOL


ETA a correction was made to the following presentation information:

Blogger and crafter extraordinaire Cathe Holden, contributor to Country Living Magazine, will be there Saturday at 11:00 AM. Her demo will be: DIY Vintage-Style Bottle Brush Christmas Trees"

And on Saturday at 1:00 PM Vicki Petulla of The Creeping Fig will give a demo featuring Succulent Centerpieces.

Saturday Shoppers: Save your wristband and you can return on Sunday at no charge. (You must have your wristband for re-entry).



Here's all you need to know:

Goat Hill Fair - Website
Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds
2601 E. Lake Ave
Watsonville, CA 95076

Saturday Nov. 16th from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Sunday Nov. 17th from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM

• Online ticket sales have closed but you can purchase tickets at the gate.

• Most vendors take credit cards, all take cash and checks. There will be ATMs on site in case you

• Join their newsletter (located on every page of their website) to learn about upcoming events or join the Goat Hill Fair Facebook page to stay in touch.

0 Click Here to Comment: