HOME

Saturday, September 20, 2014

My ArtPrize postcards are on their way

I thought it might be helpful to create a take-away card that visitors to the Grand Central Market & Deli can take with them in case they want to tell anyone they know to come see the tiny cranes. This is what I came up. They're 5x7 postcards that do include my email and phone number, I've just removed them here so the spam-bots don't harvest them and add me to even more spam lists than I'm already on.


Spring


Autumn

If you visit ArtPrize and want to take one of each by all means feel free. I can always order more if needed.

In the future I'd like to create a product line using images like these on greeting cards, prints, and t-shirts. And for years I've dreamt of producing an origami book that features the four seasons DIY tutorials so that others can make them too.

One of the things I love about origami is that it's inclusive of anyone who can use their hands. Geography, age, gender, ethnicity, none of that matters. Yes, it's definitely nice to have access to beautiful origami paper but the truth is you can make a crane from any piece of paper from newspapers, to copy paper, to the inner silver metallic paper that chewing gum comes wrapped in. As an art form it has far fewer boundaries than most mediums.

Of course some are what I would call masters. I've met several on Instagram. Once I'm through my project and ArtPrize I will have to do a post and feature several of them here on the blog for you to enjoy. Their work is amazing!

And if you'll be in Grand Rapids Sept 24th - Oct 12th you can come see my entry in person at:

Grand Central Market & Deli - website
57 Monroe Center St. NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503

0 Click Here to Comment: