HOME

Friday, January 30, 2015

Health update: Mole excision

It's been three weeks since the death &demise removal of my mole. Just as my doctor predicted it healed up fine with virtually no visible scar on the right side of my nose. Amazing! While I am glad it's gone, it's also weird to look in a mirror and see a different me. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. In the meantime if you don't remember what it looked like (though it was hard to miss right in the middle of my face and all) there is a blog post titled "Biopsies: Worry, wonder, and wait," with a picture of it in the post I wrote about having it removed using a procedure called a shave excision. In the end it's good to know it wasn't cancerous and that I won't have to have any kind of reconstructive plastic surgery.


In retrospect I should have used a better camera and pushed the hair off my face. Oh well, this picture will have to do for now.

By the way, be sure to use sunscreen! Both to protect yourself from skin cancer and pre-mature aging by the sun. I've been using sunscreen on my face since I was 19, long before it was recommended. That was 30 years ago. I'll let you do the math. I don't care why you use it (health or vanity) just make sure you do. When you get older you'll be glad you did :)

0 Click Here to Comment: