HOME

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Updating your Feedburner Email Subject Line

Something had been bothering me (for freaking years) but, like so many other things in life, I hadn't made the time to fix it a priority.


If you've subscribed to this blog through FeedBurner and receive an email update in your inbox (like the one below) to let you know when I've published new content you may have also noticed the blog description that shows in your inbox subject line and within the email itself was woefully outdated. I stopped working in the Northern California wedding industry back in 2009 and gave up the name The Flirty Blog back in 2014 but the description still read: Fun and Flirty Wedding & Lifestyle Blog. She's One Very Busy Girl...


To say an update was long overdue would be an understatement. I had gone and poked around the FeedBurner website a time or two but couldn't figure out where or how to update that subject line.


 So I did what I always do when I want to learn how to do just about anything, I turned to Google and chose the very first link at the top of the page.


It took me to Gretchen Louise's blog and a post titled How to Cusotmize Your FeedBurner Email Subject Line which in turn directed me to the Publicize >Email Branding >Email Subject Title field in FeedBurner where I was able to type in the new description I Found the Place a Lifestyle & Travel Blog for my blog.


It took less than a minute! I waited for the next email notification to come in before I posted here to say that it worked. So if you've been holding off on updating your own FeedBurner subject line, wait no more. It's easy peasy.

0 Click Here to Comment: