HOME

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A New Flirty Logo for The Flirty Guide

A geeky girl web designing tip: So here's the thing, when people come to visit your website... They may not always enter through your home page, they may enter on any page that someone has sent them a link to or that they found on a search engine or social bookmarking site. If your company name isn't on every page they may not realize where they are... With this in mind...

The other day I was chatting with Lea McIntosh from Ready to Propose and was asking her for any suggestion about how to improve The Flirty Guide website. She only had one comment for me but it was a good one. Previously she had suggested moving the name of The Flirty Guide to the top of the page as I had integrated it into the center of the main copy... Like this:

It wasn't that I disagreed with her. I had thought about creating a header in the past but couldn't decide if I wanted to sacrifice the space for one. After she mentioned it a second time I thought about it harder and came up with this new look for the top of each page on the site:

In fact I love our new logo so much I'm going to use it in a new ad that will be in the Modern Bridal insert that the San Francisco Chronicle next month. I'm thinking this is the ad... If you'd like to share your opinion which do you like better? The one where our name is larger or smaller? The actual width of the ad is going to be 5.5 inches wide. You can click on each picture to view each in the approximate size of the actual ad:

Ad #1 smaller text

Ad #2 larger text

3 Click Here to Comment:

DK Designs said...

I LOVE the new look/logo personally! :) The ad... hmm. that's a tough one, I like them both, but I think I like the top one first of the 2. Good luck with the ad, I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest once that goes out. :)

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

I love the new logo and I think it's great that it will show up on each page. For the ads, I like #1 with the smaller text.

Tinygami said...

I received another email comment voting for option #1. Thanks everyone I'm going to send in the file right now :D