HOME

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Happy New Year!

I want to welcome in the new year by saying THANK YOU! I truly appreciate that you've taken the time to visit and read The Flirty Blog. Thank you for your comments and for sharing links to help introduce the blog to your friends, colleagues and your own blog readers! In all honesty this blog has become so much "more" than I ever imagined it would be when I started blogging 4 years ago. It's more fun, informative, cathartic, inspired, inspiring, enjoyed and appreciated than I could have foreseen.

In February we'll have to celebrate my blog's fifth anniversary! Woot!

2011 has some big changes in store for me. I'll be sharing some updates in the coming weeks. This year let's all be brave, bold, fun and flirty together! I have a feeling it's going to be a great year :D

To add to the festive mood I picked up a bag of "Konpeito" a type of rock candy that looks like colorful, little, confetti stars. They're a hard candy that you can let them melt in your mouth or after a bit, you can gently crunch on them and they crumble apart. I think my Grandma used to give these to me when I was a little kid. I hadn't had them in years and couldn't resist buying a bag when I spotted them at the Japanese market yesterday.

Kasugai Konpieto Candy

Originally a Portugese candy, according to Wikipedia the Japanese were introduced to konpieto-confetti candy in the 16th century. I have only seen it offered in Japanese grocery stores. It's inexpensive and surprisingly only lightly sweet tasting considering it's nothing but sugar and some food coloring.

0 Click Here to Comment: