HOME

Friday, March 22, 2013

Sourdough Spaetzle at Willow Glen's The Table

The first and last time I had Spaetzle was at Lecosho in Seattle, WA. Well, now instead of 2.5 hours away by plane I found a restaurant that serves it right here in the South Bay. I've blogged The Table before, having enjoyed their Chilaquiles and Lemon Ricotta Pancakes the two times I visited them for weekend brunch.


But the other night I literally ate every morsel of my Sourdough Spaetzle with cauliflower velouté (sauce), roasted cauliflower, and arugula ($18.00). It was really delicious. And I don't even like arugula! I tried to order the dish without it but my waiter insisted it would be good. So I trusted him. And he was right. Its flavor changes and becomes less pungent when cooked.


This was so classy. Instead of butter we were offered a small, complimentary dish of burrata cheese and olive oil . . .


to go with our warm, freshly baked, French bread.


Unlike the pasta spaetzle I had in Seattle, The Table's has a bit of sourdough mixed into the batter giving each perfectly browned bite more depth of flavor. Spaetzle is first boiled like a dumpling then pan fried in butter and served on its own or with accompaniments like the cauliflower and arugula.


That night dinner entrees ranged from $14-$30. It may be a bit more expensive than where you normally eat out but  imo their prices are a fair reflection of the high quality of food and outstanding service you'll receive at The Table.

The restaurant is located at:

The Table - website
1110 Willow Street (On the southwest corner at Lincoln)
San Jose, Ca 95125
(408) 638-7911

0 Click Here to Comment: