HOME

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Capturing the 408 with Sony's NEX-5R

Somebody pinch me! I'm so excited to have been chosen by Sony to photograph what makes the 408 (area code) a great place to live!

I picked up a Sony NEX-5R Micro Four Thirds camera system at the Valley Fair Sony Store and I'll be using it to take pictures of my favorite places and things to do, eat and see in the 408 for the next week.

I'll confess I was a little worried about having to learn how to use a new camera in a week's time. It took me months to feel comfortable using the Lumix camera I've been shooting with for the past year. As it turns out, my worries were wasted energy.

The Sony NEX-5R 18-55mm and 55-215mm f/4.5-6.3 Telephoto Lenses

I have to say thank you to the staff at the Sony Store Valley Fair for helping me out with a demo. I asked for the basics like how to switch between the auto and manual shooting modes, auto and manual focus, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and white balance. A 10 minute brush up with the camera's manual pretty much brought me up to speed. Testing the dials and buttons I quickly realized just how intuitive and user friendly the NEX-5R is.

In the next week I'll be sharing some of the camera's features and how the project is going including a few sneak peeks of some of the pictures I've taken.



Final Results from the Sony NEX-5R Unedited408 (4/28/13) with all 50 images.



Disclosure: While I'm not receiving payment for participating, I am receiving compensation in the form of the camera and lens to use for the project and to keep after. This does not mean I am obligated to give a positive review of the camera or lens. My opinions are my own and accurate regarding my experience with the NEX-5R.  #Sony408 #SonyStore

0 Click Here to Comment: