HOME

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I LOVE my new hat!

Who says a bride has to wear a veil when she and her gal pals go out to celebrate?

So instead of having a bridal shower or bachelorette party I decided I wanted to celebrate my upcoming nuptials with a simple girl's night out. We went to a fabulous restaurant, Zibibbo in Palo Alto, and just had fun. My friends Christina and Corinne arranged a wonderful evening for all of us.

Normally the bride to be wears a veil to such an event. While I had plenty of veils in my own showroom I didn't wear one. Why? Because my very dear friend Corinne Okada made me one of her beautiful, original design, Flower Hats to wear for the evening. It even lit up in the middle! It was so fun wearing it! I felt like SJP from Sex in the City in my oh so chic and unique creation. I even wore it home in the car, lit up, so I could show it to my fabulous fiance the second I walked through the door. LOL.

He thought it made me look very Japanese. Maybe in part because my blouse was of a kimono style.

I had a great time enjoying a wonderful French cheese plate with fresh honeycomb and a fig pizza for dinner.

I can't wait to wear my hat again! I think I'll wear it to the next Martini Madness event I go to. They're at night in dark swanky lounges. The perfect place to wear a hat that lights up. LOL.

I swear I have the best friends ever!























Christina made these cute table decorations. She even learned how to make origami hearts just for me!








Photos by: Corinne Okada, Christina Dominguez Chapman and Mwa

0 Click Here to Comment: