HOME

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Alencon Lace Bridal Hair Pins

I love Alencon Lace. To me, it has always been the quintessential bridal lace. Distinctive, elegant and timeless. So when my Flirty Bride accessory clients have a gown made of or embellished with Alencon Lace I have to admit it kind of makes my heart go pittar patter.

In the past I have made headpieces incorporating matching lace to a hair clip or tiara... But my favorite way to work with the lace is to create accessories that complement and are are similar to it, but not to be too exact or identical.

Whether it's using tiny Japanese Delica beads to match the ridged border of the floral and leaf motifs, or matching the same beads (here using pearl beads, flat Swarovski rhinestone crystals and French satin sequins) to match the beading on the gown.

These were samples I create for a client after seeing the lace on her wedding gown.

I love making French wire beaded flower hair pins. While the process itself is quite simple, finding just the right beads to create the perfect "look" to compliment a gown is often the most challenging aspect of making them as bridal accessories.

4 Click Here to Comment:

DK Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous Stacie!

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

your blog has so much great info! I'm going to refer my brides here. Great blog!

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Tinygami said...

Thank you everyone! I love making these custom pieces and always welcome brides with very unique requests to contact me. The more unusual the better!