HOME

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Winter Themed Miniature Origami Cranes


This is the 15th set of 1000 miniature origami cranes I've created. Can you believe that I started folding this set of 3/4" high, origami cranes over 13 years ago and finally finished folding them last month? Normally it takes me about 3-4 months to complete (fold and hang) a set of 1000 cranes but life got in the way.

My next step is to hang them. I'm very busy doing some custom web design work for the next month but will be finishing this project by the end of the year.


This is the frame I'll be hanging them from. Sparkling, blue, Swarovski Austrian crystals in 5 shades seemed like just the right touch to evoke a cool and icy effect. That's hand twisted wire using the same technique I used to use to create bridal, crystal branch, hair pins. Glad to see I can use the same skill set in an art project.

If you're curious you can view more of my miniature origami crane art at www.TinyCranes.com

0 Click Here to Comment: