HOME

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Hilarious Mother's day Tribute to My Mom

For the past few days I've been seeing this message on friends' Facebook walls because this Sunday, May 8th, is Mother's Day:
In honor of Mother's Day, let's try to see how many of you are willing to change your profile picture to a picture of You & Your Mom and keep it there till May 9th. I did and so have several others. If you will and like this idea, please repost this as your status to show your love to your Moms.
Cute idea I thought to myself, but no way would my mom ever want me to do that. She HATES having her photo taken and will do whatever she can to avoid it. The only thing she hates worse than having her picture taken is letting people see pictures of her.

For the life of me I don't know why she feels this way. My mom is super cute.

So just for laughs I made this montage of some of the photos I've taken of her over the past 3 years and emailed it to her with a message I was going to share it on Facebook in honor of her on Mother's Day . . .

my-mom

She actually emailed me back and said she was "LMAO" (short for Laughing My Ass Off) when she saw it. That totally cracked me up. I had no idea my mom knew "LMAO."

I posted on Facebook I wouldn't be posting a photo of us, even though I liked the idea, out of respect for my mom's dogged efforts to never be photographed. My clever friend Duncan Reyes suggested I make a flirty cartoon of my mom and post it on Facebook so I did!

stacie-tamaki-mom

But then my mom loved the photo montage so much she said I could publish it on Facebook and here on the blog. Go figure! LOL I hope it makes you laugh the way we laughed over it and to all of you moms out there Happy (Early) Mother's Day!

0 Click Here to Comment: