HOME

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My New Favorite Dessert: The Raspberry Macaron at Patisserie Philippe

The only thing wrong with the Raspberry Macaron dessert is that its name doesn't do it justice. Oh, also wrong was that they sold out before I could buy a second one to take home and Pâtisserie Philippe is located all the way in SF (an hour away from San Jose) so I can't go have one every day :) Everything else about it is truly perfection!

sf-patisserie-philippe-raspberry-passionfruit-macaron
This could be the best dessert I've ever eaten.

I thought if it tasted half as good as it looked I'd be a happy camper.

raspberry-macaron-almond-cream-patisserie-philippe
As it turned out it tasted even better! 

Some of you may remember Patisserie Philippe from the Caketastrophe blog post last year. This visit had a far happier ending :)

best-sf-dessert-patisserie-philippe-macaron-dessert

The Raspberry Macaron Dessert is two larger than average macaron cookies. Sandwiched between them is a layer of fresh raspberries, I think two kinds of sponge cake (chocolate and red velvet) surrounded by almond cream and topped with another raspberry macaron cookie.

patisserie-philippe-rose-petal-raspberry-macaron

It's then topped with more almond cream, a fresh rose petal with sparkling dew drops of (I think) corn syrup and a single fresh raspberry.

patisserie-philippe-sponge-cake-almond-cream-macaron

I should have tried harder to take a better picture of the interior for you but to be honest I just couldn't wait another moment to try it.

And you shouldn't either. If you're in SF you should hurry on over to Pâtisserie Philippe to try one for yourself. I know I use the word quite often in context to food but this dessert truly is AMAZING!

You can find Pâtisserie Philippe in the SOMA (South of Market) area near the San Francisco Design Center at 655 Townsend Street San Francisco, CA 94103

0 Click Here to Comment: