HOME

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Beautiful Sunrise in St. Paul, Minnesota

In case you missed it. . . this is what it looked like when the sun was rising over the Mississippi River out my hotel window this morning.

Our alarm is set to go off at 7:30 AM but at 6:18 AM my eyes popped open so I got up and started checking my emails.


As I was working I caught the beginning of the sunrise when there was just a sliver of pink light over the horizon. Basically I ignored it until I noticed the color had begun to slightly spread through the clouds. That's when I grabbed my camera and perched myself in the window of our hotel room. Within mere minutes the entire sky was painted this incredible shade of pink. And a few moments later it was all gone, the sky turned a flat grey with barely any pink on the horizon.

I'm feeling very fortunate to have captured this moment as it's our last day in Minnesota. Last morning actually. Soon we'll be home back in California which I'm missing terribly mostly because of our dog and cat.

This trip has been fun filled with friends and family, amazing with the EdgeWalk at the CN Tower and educational here at the Blogher/Creative Connections Event conference. My thanks to all who made it such a special time filled with many great memories.

I still have two more travel posts to come, one a wrap up of Toronto and the final will be about my time in St. Paul for the conference so stay tuned if you're interested in either city :)

0 Click Here to Comment: