HOME

Sunday, October 16, 2011

How to Fix a Blank, Black Youtube Video Player on Safari


Today I took a peek at my blog and noticed my Youtube video's were missing! So I went to Youtube and instead of my Youtube channel looking like the picture above ↑


My Youtube channel looked like this.

You could see the videos in the playlist to the right but the video itself was just a blank, black screen. I tried to view my Youtube channel on Firefox and it worked just fine there. So I went on Google, did some searching and found a tutorial that had great directions about how to fix the problem which seems to be a Safari only issue.

If my videos are missing for you and you use Safari as your web browser these directions may help you too: www.online-tech-tips.com.


Begin by selecting the Safari icon in your Applications folder. Click on it and either select "Get Info" or hand key in "Command+i" to view the Safari Info window below.


Once there click on the box that says "Open in 32-bit mode."

Now quit and relaunch Safari.


When the app relaunches go to the Safari menu and select "Reset Safari" like in the picture above.

Warning: This did erase all of my preset login and passwords from my accounts like Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. so make sure you have them written down somewhere.


Each box was already checked so all I had to do was click on the "Reset" button in the lower righthand corner.

At that point my Safari kind of got stuck so I had to force quit it using the Option+Command+Escape keys but when it relaunched I was able to view my videos on Youtube again! Yay!

If you've had this problem I hope this solution works for you too :)

0 Click Here to Comment: