HOME

Monday, November 28, 2011

Breakfast at LYFE Kitchen


For the past few years hubby and I have gone out for breakfast every weekend. It has always been his choice of where we would go but this past weekend he let me pick! Of course I'd been wanting to try the "Wake Up Call" breakfasts at LYFE Kitchen in Palo Alto so away we went...

Breakfast Sandwich with a Gardein Breakfast Patty

I ordered the Breakfast Sandwich: farm fresh organic eggs, turkey sausage or Gardein Breakfast Patty, tomatoes, arugula, and cheddar cheese on a whole-wheat english muffin, with garden fresh salsa. It also came with a little cup of fresh fruit.

It was so tasty! Like really, really good. I especially loved spooning the salsa over the sandwich each time before I'd take the next bite. I will definitely go back and order this sandwich again.

I pulled the tomato slice out just a bit so you can see it.

At $5.99 it's affordable and with a maximum of 463 calories and 855 mg of sodium it's as healthy as it is delicious.

Whole-grain Buttermilk Pancakes: $4.99 with 484 calories and 638 mg of sodium

Hubby isn't health food oriented at all so he ordered the Whole-grain Buttermilk Pancakes served with fresh blueberries, strawberries, greek yogurt, and 100% real maple syrup.

He was a little disappointed the pancakes are served without butter but he seemed to enjoy them. He was also a bit distressed that there was only Sugar in the Raw offered at the table so our server went back and got him a small dish of refined white sugar for his coffee.


I also tried a Café Mocha. I have to be honest and say that I couldn't taste any chocolate at all. I added two packets of Sugar in the Raw and that sweetened it enough to what a typical Mocha tastes like but the chocolate flavor was missing completely. If I order this again I'll have to remember to ask for extra chocolate :)

Breakfast is served from:
7:00 AM to 11:00 AM Mon-Fri
8:00 AM to 11:00 AM on Weekends

LYFE Kitchen
167 N. Hamilton
Palo Alto, CA
650-325-LYFE (5933)

Now that I have a say-so about where we'll be having breakfast on alternate weeks I'll be sharing more recaps here on the blog. Currently on my short list is Calafia and hubby really wants to go to Bucks in Woodside. If you have a favorite place for breakfast you think we should try please leave me a comment and let me know!

0 Click Here to Comment: