HOME

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dessert first at Carmel's La Bicyclette

OK. So I didn't actually eat dessert first (this time) but I had to post my meal at La Bicyclette in reverse because I thought this picutre of their Bread Pudding with Praline Ice Cream was just too beautiful to make it wait until the end. So, I'm showing you what I ate but running the photos in reverse order so the best doesn't have to wait for last :)


Dessert: Bread Pudding.


With Praline Ice Cream.


And a nut brittle. This was SO GOOD! It was definitely my favorite part of the meal. You may recall I've posted about La Bicyclette once before when Carl and I dined there on our final food tour of 2011. The risotto that time was out of this world. I would have ordered it again but I wanted to save room for dessert so I ordered something lighter.


Lunch: I had the Heirloom Apple Salad with shaved apples, wild arugula, hazelnuts, goat cheese and a lemon maple vinaigrette.


It was delicious. The combination of textures, the crisp apple slices, crunchy toasted hazelnuts, creamy goat cheese and light arugula was very nice.


Hubby had a wood fired Pepperoni Pizza. He liked it. Hubby doesn't have much to say about food.


If you look carefully you can see the magic pizza dust La Bicylette sprinkles on their pizzas. LOL. It's actually chili pepper flakes raining down on the pizza. Hubby was so impatient to eat he wouldn't wait to let me take a close-up picture before he started adding them.


I also had an orange juice.


If you've never been to La Bicyclette I would highly recommend trying it the next time you're visiting Carmel by the Sea. And be sure to order dessert. The desserts have been fabulous on both of my visits.


La Bicyclette - website
Dolores Street at 7th
831-622-9899

0 Click Here to Comment: