HOME

Saturday, June 23, 2012

My finger is almost as good as new

Warning: This post contains one image of two stitches in my healed finger moments before they were removed.


Remember my trip to the ER a few weeks ago? Well, I'm happy to report that my finger recovery is coming along nicely. The doctor said to have the stiches removed a week later.

I'd kept the wound covered with Neosporin and the finger covered with a loose bandage to keep it clean so it healed quickly.

Below are three photos of my finger during the healing process. The first was moments before the stitches were cut away. The wound no longer looked like a raw cut. Instead it looked like a thin, marroon-colored, crescent shape.


Two weeks later you could still see where the stitches had been and the skin was really raggedy. But just one week later and the wound was almost completely gone. You can still see it if you look carefully but I'm not concerned with a scar or how it looks. It does feel a bit weird. The upper part is just a bit numb and raised, kind of like a callous. But, I guess that's to be expected when you impale your fingertip on a chef's knife!

From now on I'll move more slowly and carefully when using my knives, or any sharp object for that matter :P

0 Click Here to Comment: