HOME

Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm in NYC for BlogHer'12


I can hardly believe I'm in New York for the BlogHer 2012 National Conference as a speaker/moderator and Geek Bar expert. My session with co-speakers Nora DePalma and Chris Lam is titled "Ten Things You Can Do Now to Maximize Your Social Media Expertise" and is today from 1:15pm - 2:30pm. My Geek Bar sessions are about how to use RSS to broadcast your blog content.


And I was determined to see the city. The time Kitai, my dog, was on the TODAY show in 2007 we landed at 1:00 AM and left at 4:00 PM the same day so we barely got to see anything but the tv show and the edge of Central Park.

I'll be going into more detail next week but for now, here's a preview of some future posts:


This is a shot I took with my iPhone from the plane on the trip to NY. It was a good flight. I remembered to bring my Dramamine :)


The Olympics have nothing on my trip. The thrill of victory! I rode the subway for the very first time!


And the agony of defeat. I was sorely disappointed at B&H Camera on National Wide Angle Lens Day. That's the holiday I made up for hubby because Christmas is too far away. LOL


We took the ferry to meet the Statue of Liberty.


And walked past the 9/11 Memorial site still in progress.


Since Hubby works for the company, we had to visit the Apple Inc. store on Fifth Avenue.


And though we haven't visited any fine art museums I feel as if I saw Munch's "The Scream" in real life. Don't worry, the fish was already deceased. The seagull must have stolen it from a fisherman.


I had a fantastic dessert at KyoTofu. . .


And we caught an amazing sliver of sunset while walking back to our hotel room one night.

My first Geek Bar Session begins in 30 minutes so I have to go get ready. More to come!

0 Click Here to Comment: