HOME

Thursday, April 6, 2017

This weekend: Art.Downtown 2017

Coming to Grand Rapids, MI this Saturday? If you are maybe I'll see you. I'm participating in the Art.Downtown one day event hosted by Avenue for the Arts and will be at my venue (122 Division St S) from noon until 5:00 PM though the exhibit runs until 9:00 PM

"AMERICAN" The exhibit asks: "What does it mean to be American? The space focuses on intersections of Asian and Hispanic/Latinx identities especially in a political climate of anti-culture/color/immigrant."


My contribution to the installation will be three framed pieces depicting my maternal family's experience during the Japanese American internment and how I see myself as an American. The timing was impeccable. It felt as if no sooner had I posted the image above on Instagram to commemorate the signing of Executive Order 9066 on February 19th, the next thing I knew curator Zahara Avalon was contacting me to see if I'd like to be a part of the installation she was producing.


So I'll be there. Not with thousands of cranes, just a handful that came from a different, deeper place in my heart

Facebook Event Page
Saturday April 8, 2017
12:00-9:00 PM (I will be attending from noon until 5:00 PM)
122 Division Ave S
Grand Rapids, MI 49503



This post was originally published on my work-only blog Tinygami.wordpress.com.
For lifestyle + origami updates this (I Found the Place) is the blog for you.

0 Click Here to Comment: