HOME

Sunday, November 25, 2007

An Amazing Holiday Party


So the other night I was invited to a very special party by my friend Jewel Savadelis. Each year Anna Spraungel, the Catering Manager of McCall Catering, and her husband graciously host an annual holiday party that I can only describe as beyond my wildest expectations.

When I say expectations I mean in the sense that we never could have prepared ourselves for the amazing evening that was in store for us. It was such a treat!


As you can see from the photos we were treated to a winter wonderland. But the pictures don't begin to do justice to what we actually saw. The party was held at the most unusual venue you could imagine. Barrango is a display manufacturing company that specializes in holiday decorations and custom carousels! Their warehouse is like what kids dream about at Christmas time. We entered a maze of holiday lights, oversized ornaments, animated furry woodland creatures and carousel horses and animals of all shapes and sizes! There were soaring Christmas trees and spiraling topiaries, a beautiful gum drop tree, and two enormous cockatoos!


The food was wonderful and there was so much to choose from! Lots of hot dishes, cold dishes, sushi and some wonderful dips and cheeses. I enjoyed everything have a nibble of many of the yummy offerings. There were also many fancy desserts but something about being in that room made me feel like a little kid again so I passed by the baklava and little cakes for one of my favorite childhood treats, a classic oatmeal raisin cookie. Turns out I made a great choice because it was the best ORC ever.


Not expecting such a fanciful venue I neglected to bring my camera along so these shots were taken with my cell phone. They didn't come out too shabby so I thought I would share them with you. Here's the thing, though they look like outdoor photos these pictures were taken indoors! So cool!

0 Click Here to Comment: