HOME

Monday, November 12, 2007

My new gift shop on Etsy.com


You may have heard that I've recently launched a spay and neuter fund on my dog's website www.CutestDogEver.com I will be partnering with the 1 year old Silicon Valley Animal Control Authority donating all of the funds raised to pay for spay and neuter procedures for low income and financially challenged pet owners who would not otherwise be able to afford having their pet altered.

One of the ways I'll be raising funds is through the sale of my miniature, gold, origami cranes on Etsy.com. The cranes will sell for $5.50 each with $5 of the proceeds going directly into the fund.


The SVACA opened a Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinic last week which charges $10 to alter cats and $30 to alter dogs. Those are amazing prices! Currently there is $1750.00 in the fund. I'll be working out a program with Dan Soszynski, the executive director of the shelter, in the coming weeks to make sure the money goes to this worthy cause. Once we begin dispersing the funds I'll be posting photos of the pets helped onto Cutest Dog Everl.com so that any of you who donated will see the pets you have helped.

Our country's shelters are in crisis and need any help they can get in decreasing the number of puppies bred while increasing the number of adoptions taking place. We need to lower the number of dogs, many as wonderful as Kitai, who tragically become nothing more then another sad statistic in our nation's euthanasia totals at the end of each year.

0 Click Here to Comment: