HOME

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Oregon Trail


Oh my gosh. I'd never heard of this game before which apparently means I was spending a lot of time under a rock. One of my friends discovered it on Facebook and started sending out invites to everyone. Have you heard of it? The object of the game is to complete the Oregon trail as a 19th century pioneer. You can either be the wagon leader or one of the settlers traveling from Independence, Missouri, to Oregon's Willamette Valley by way of the Oregon Trail via a Conestoga wagon in 1848.

In theory it sounds almost educational, which is how it began. Truth be told now it is an incredibly fun and addictive waste of time. I am refusing to become a wagon leader, waaaaay too busy to oversee a virtual wagon but I have shot more then a few virtual buffalo, deer and birds to help feed the settlers. But my pals, ooooh my pals have all fallen hard into the game.



Many of them are starting to show their true colors. A couple of them are inviting some of their Facebook pals to play, not because they want to travel with them but because they want to eat them when they run out of food. How wrong is that? They also steal from each other taking oxen, food and ammunitions. When they catch each other stealing they kill each other. But like any good cartoon, people are magically restored to life to travel yet another leg of the journey.

If you're on Facebook and someone sends you an invite to join their wagon??? Ignore, ignore, ignore. LOL.

0 Click Here to Comment: