HOME

Friday, July 17, 2009

My Ankle MRI Results • A Torn Ligament

"You have a torn/stretched ligament." Oh man that was not what I wanted to hear.

It's a ligament tear that allowed way too much fluid to build up between the Tibia and Talus bones. This means that the Talus bone is shifting around too much because it isn't able to position correctly in the fluid filled socket. That pretty much explains the intermittent, worsening, sliding pain sensation I've been experiencing since May 12th. Sometimes it really sucks to be right.


Sliding Talus Caused by Fluid Build Up

The Dr. gave me an anesthetic injection that was supposed to numb my ankle. The injection hurt a lot. Then it did numb the area but made my entire ankle hurt worse.

When he went in with a syringe to try to draw out the fluid he was genuinely shocked that it took 2 syringes to do so. He said he couldn't believe that I didn't have any visible swelling with so much fluid in there.

Now the fluid goes to the lab to check for infection or crystals which would be bad.

Then he injected some cortisone into the socket to try to calm things down.


Now I have to wait for 2 weeks to find out if this will do the trick or was the ligament torn enough that it will require surgery to fix.

In the meantime he said I could walk on it if it didn't hurt as long as I keep it in the Frankenboot. I'm a little wary and want to wait a couple of days to really give the Cortisone a chance to do it's job first, then start walking on it Monday because I also need to walk on it to see if it gets better.

It better get better by next week because I have an appointment to go to the Wildflower Linen's San Francisco Showroom to see what's new and take some photos to share with you.

These are some images you may recognize from past Flirty Guide posts of the Wildflower Linen showroom and displays at various showcases in 2008 and 2009. In another week I'll have a bunch of new pictures for you to help with your wedding and special event planning when only couture chair and table covers will do.


Their famous "Pink Paillette Sequin Table Cover."


Visit them at:



0 Click Here to Comment: