HOME

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Citizen Cake Fruit Gelees and Home's Bread Pudding

Two of my most favorite San Francisco sweet treats. . .

Mmmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmm. Bourbon Soaked Banana Bread Pudding from Home Restaurant (ETA this restaurant closed 8/11) in San Francisco. It is yummy beyond yummy. They serve it heated at the restaurant usually with a big dollop of freshly whipped cream on top. It's great hot. I eat it cold when I bring the leftovers home it's also great at room temperature. Home is located at the intersection of Market and Church right next to the big Safeway on the out skirts of the Castro.

I had never had bread pudding before last year. To be honest the thought of it always sounded a little icky to me. Now that I've finally tried it I can't believe I missed out on it for decades! Oh well, better late then never I guess.

I also made a quick stop at Citizen Cake (ETA closed Dec, 2011) located on Fillmore Street in San Francisco for more of my fav Fruit Gelees. They are sooooo goooood! Yestereday I picked up Apricot, Grapefruit and Raspberry Gelees.

I even waited to eat them until I got them home and photographed them first thing this morning. A sacrifice indeed to wait to eat them just to take pictures for all of you :D LOL. The Fruit Gelees are $1.50 each so I keep thinking they would make great little wedding favors if you wanted to give your guests a unique sweet treat.

1 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne said...

You and your soaked bread pudding! :) Oh, I LOVE the Citizen Cake's fruit gelees... they are soooo good! OK, I need to start packing my house now!