HOME

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Atelier Kanawa • Kanzashi





















After opening my Myspace account I met a very kind woman named Leah who left me a comment I check out the page of another Myspace designer. They have a shop on Etsy.com. When I went to take a peek at Atelier Kanawa I was in awe of the beautiful fabric flowers they create.

In Japan the beautiful ornaments women wear in their hair are called Kanzashi (pronounced Khan-zah-shi.)

I ended up ordering several of her pieces ($7.50 - $29.00) to incorporate into something for my wedding day attire. After the wedding I'll be sure to show you the beautiful flowers I purchased from her and how I used them. I love the piece above. At $275.00 the price may be expensive but I would say clearly worth it simply for the amount of labor and skill that must go into creating such a masterpiece.





















Their online shop says:

Atelier Kanawa has been making both traditional & modern Tsumami Kanzashi since 2004. In the Summer of 2007, she was accepted as a private pupil and was professionally trained by one of the ONLY 15 acknowledged Tsumami Kanzashi artisans in the whole world.

They don't really have anybody who will carry out this traditional art. I will take a class from one of them sometimes this year because I strongly would like to preserve this artwork and carry this out to the future generation:) IT MEANS A LOT TO ME TO HAVE YOUR PURCHASE because YOU ARE SUPPORTING US and YOUR PURCHASE COULD BE A VERY PRECIOUS CULTURAL HERITAGE.

0 Click Here to Comment: