HOME

Saturday, September 8, 2007

INXS in San Diego

A couple of weeks ago my sweetie and I made a quick trip to San Diego to see INXS in concert. The show was awesome. We were in the front row, right in front of Kirk Pengilly. They played many of my favorites old songs like New Sensation and Mystify and all of my new favorites like Pretty Vegas, Devil's Party and Afterglow. Though I've decided that for now? I really love the song "Disappear" from the X album.

After the show we were the only 2 people who got to go backstage to visit with the band. Better yet? It was the first time we had seen them since getting engaged. Can I tell you that sharing the news with them was so fun! First they were all so sincerely happy for us. And they all gave us huge hugs. And me? I got lots of congratulatory kisses! Woo hoo smooches from rock stars, not a shabby way to spend an evening.

John, who helped to make the iPhone, got to show Kirk and Tim their first iPhone in person. They got quite a kick out of it when he handed it to them while it was playing one of their videos. It was great! They loved it!

I don't know when we'll see them again but I'm already looking forward to it. In fact we'll be incorporating some of their music into our wedding. How could we not? If you have a chance to see them live you should go. This was my 7th INXS concert which pushes me well past my old record for seeing the Eagles 5 times on their Hell Freezes Over tour. Hmmm I heard the Eagles are back in the studio recording a new album... Better rest up so I can see a few of their shows the next time they come to town.

0 Click Here to Comment: