HOME

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Did you miss me?

Sorry I let the blog go this past week but I snuck away for a little vacation for the past 5 days....

Can you guess where I went?

Layover

Landing at my destination...

The most splendid ice cream of all!

My entire life I've always wanted to see a cardinal. And there he was! Just sitting there! I didn't even know they had cardinals until I saw him.

Inside one of the downtown's most historic buildings.

Had to go, need to blog a review on a friend's blog.

A City View

10 Click Here to Comment:

DK Designs said...

OF COURSE!!! Do you know how many times I checked your blog to see what was new with the Flirty Girl???

You deserved a vacation the way you work. I so am ready for mine! It's been a long couple of weeks and I need to decompress like you wouldn't believe!

So inquiring minds want to know... where did you go? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm putting on my detective hat and I'm guess you flew out of SJC, stopped over in Denver, and landed in Cleveland.

Do I get a prize if I'm right?

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Yeah... I checked your blog all week and was like: "Where did Stacie go?" Now, I am going on vacation and won't be able to read your blog for a little over 2 weeks. Bummer! Well, at least I have something to look forward to when I return!

So where did you go? Santa Barbara? Mexico?

Tinygami said...

Columbus, Ohio.

LOL

I'll do a post about my big trip later today. Went to go visit some special friends... Some dogs... And eat Ice cream.

The first picture is at the airport in Las Vegas.

Tinygami said...

Andrew you were so close!

I did layover in Denver on the way back from Columbus. Hmmmm will have to think of a prize for you... I'm surprised you guessed so close!

Anonymous said...

If you want to know how I guessed "so close", here's my logic:

- The picture of the rollerblading guy included some photos of cars parked in the background with Ohio plates.
- Knowing there are only a couple of big cities in Ohio, I used Google maps to see if there are any cities with a river running through it like your cityscape photo depicted. (Dayton, Columbus, and Cleveland all have water nearby so I just had to guess.)
- And since I knew you would likely fly out of San Jose and you had a stop-over, I figured you flew Southwest. (Southwest always has stop-overs.)
- I looked up Southwest flights from SJC to Cleveland and saw that they stop over in Denver.
- I Googled Denver airport photos and thought it was a pretty close match to your photo of the stopover.

Yay!

Tinygami said...

Oh my gosh! If I ever need to investigate anyone I'm calling you! LOL.

Here were the clues I thought I was giving but you didn't really use any of them:

The Rollerskating guy was at a Sonic Burger Drive in. They still use the car hop delivery method there.

The "Splendid" ice cream was at Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams so that was a clue. If you google "splendid+ice+cream" her site comes up at the top of the search page.

I thought the river would be a clue to anyone who had ever been there before.

I WISH I had flown Southwest. I took one airline out that was ok and another back that was terrible. I was supposed to arrive home 10:30 pm Tuesday night but was delayed twice in Denver so didn't make it home until 1:44 am Wednesday morning. Ugh.

I'll have to take you to lunch sometime as a prize. Let me know when you have time in your busy schedule! :P

I'm very impressed by your powers of observation and deduction :D

victoria said...

welcome back!! :) hope it was fun and i can't wait to see the pictures.

The Wedding Planning Audiocast said...

You certainly needed a well deserved vacation after doing our show! LOL

rALPH

The Wedding Planning Audiocast said...

You certainly needed a well deserved vacation after doing our show! LOL

rALPH