HOME

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams

Once my trip to Columbus had been planned my curiosity was more then piqued the day I found an article online that said:

"The following five words alone are worth a trip to Columbus: salty, caramel-almond ice cream."

Intrigued, I messaged my friends who live in Columbus and hinted that I'd like to go to Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams while visiting them. They obliged, twice, they're such great friends.


You'll know you've arrived when you see this sign.


We went to the Jeni's located in the Short North district.


The Menu Board.

A very important tip: If you order the smallest sized scoops you can eat more cones in one visit.

So here's the coolest part. You can order Jeni's ice cream through the mail. They will pack it on dry ice and deliver it right to your front porch. I see the 6 pint combo in my future for Birthdays and Christmas'. Probably 3 pints of Salty Caramel, 2 of the Pear Riesling and 1 other flavor. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

That's a scoop of Jeni's award winning Sour Cherry Lambic sorbet sitting atop one of her newest ice cream flavors: Chocolate Freckles. Mmmmmmm does the close up help you imagine how great they tasted? I'm such a tease lol!

Riesling Poached Pear Sorbet was my second favorite flavor. Imagine a perfectly ripe pair, blended, frozen and scooped onto a cone. I really can't describe how fresh and perfectly pear it tasted!

And this was my favorite flavor. I had it both days. The Salty Caramel. It's salty and tastes like caramel. Perfection on a cone! You can also join the Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams Fan Site on Facebook. I already did :P



I didn't try a sandwich... I would have but with 2 scoops the first vist and 3 scoops the second visit there just wasn't enough room in my stomach :o( If anyone can convince them to franchise and opens a Jeni's here in the South Bay? I can guarantee I will become one of your best customers :P

Classic flavors even have a twist at Jeni's. Here my friend had the Strawberry Buttermilk and Honey Vanilla Bean. She said they were both very excellent.


Another friend had the raspberry sorbet and said it was also great.

I love Jeni's ice creams so much I'm even going to turn one of the pics I took into a t-shirt on Cafepress.com. One of my friends who was there wants to order one too. If they sold them, I would have bought one but for now I guess we'll have to DIY. They're online with no mark up in case anyone else wants one :D

LOL I was so busy scarfing down my Sour Cherry Lambic Sorbet that I dropped a glop on my pants. Oops!


Fortunately one of my friends had a Tide To Go stain stick in her purse. I'm seriously going to have to get one. I always think tv commercials exaggerate a products capabilities...

As you can see, the Tide Stain Stick removed the entire stain. It was amazing! I couldn't believe how well it worked. I'll have to start keeping one in my purse from now on.

7 Click Here to Comment:

Cindy Robinson said...

I definitely want ice cream now! I also had no idea where you traveled to until you revealed it. I've only been to Dayton though and in the winter so not very Ohio savvy. Glad you had a great ice cream filled trip! :)

Anonymous said...

ooooh! I just had breakfast and now I can't stop thinking about ice cream!
I think I will be going to Ben and Jerry's for lunch today! hehe!

Tinygami said...

Photogirl I'd definitely recommend a trip to Columbus in the summer to try the ice cream. I can't eat the stuff when it's cold out. Well unless I wrap myself in a blanket and park up against a heating vent while the heat is on. Then I'm quite happy to eat ice cream in the dead of winter. But short of that I wait until the warm weather.

LOL Critsey. I've only been back for 6 days and have been to Ben and Jerry's twice already :P

DK Designs said...

Hmm... I may have to think about having them ship me some. YUMMY! :)

Tinygami said...

LOL let me know if you want to place a big order and split the shipping costs, which are kind of steep out to California. We can place one 9 pint order and split the shipping. Everything over 6 pints the shipping costs are the same :P

Kate said...

I live in Columbus, and Jeni's is one of the first things I take visitors to. We're within (a healthy) walking distance to her store in the Short North and it's been hard to restrain myself so I don't blow all of my money on her delicious and inventive flavors. They also have plenty of seasonal flavors, so when fall rolls around, there are squash and pumpkin and corn ice creams that sound weird but are unbelievably delicious.

Tinygami said...

Hi Kate!

I think I read about a sweet corn flavor coming in the fall some... I LOVE sweet corn anything. I'm never envious of people for having a nice car or a gorgeous house but people who live in proximity to my favorite foods? Total jealous of! Lucky you :D Thanks for your comment.