HOME

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Upgrading to the Panasonic LUMIX DMC LX3

Just doing my part to help stimulate the economy :o)

Guess who just got a new playmate? My Canon Powershot that's who! If ever there was an overworked point and shoot digital camera it would have to be mine. I take it everywhere and shoot everything with it! So I got it a new best buddy, the Panasonic LUMIX DMC LX3. We're going to get acquainted today and hopefully you'll start seeing clearer, wider angled pictures in my blog from now on.

I know I could have ordered it online to save on the sales tax... But I decided to support our local economy and purchased it at San Jose Camera and Video. I've bought several items there over the years and have to say their customer service has always been good. Their website showed they carried the LUMIX in black, but I wanted silver. So imagine how happy I was when I walked in and the salesman told me they only had it in silver! YAY!

LOL I took this picture of the purchase of my new camera, with my old camera, so I could blog the purchase of the new camera. Ha ha ha...

The staff here is knowledgeable and have always given me helpful tips when I've walked in ready to purchase an item.

And a big Thank You to Andrew Hsu of Studio MSV for recommending this model to me in a past blog post when I asked for help!

6 Click Here to Comment:

Cindy Robinson said...

My son has one like this but an older version. Pretty nice camera! Hope you enjoy yours.

Tinygami said...

So far so good! Loving it :o)

Anonymous said...

Did you have enough time to learn how to use it?

Tinygami said...

I have the basics covered! I'll be using it tomorrow for sure. I'm so excited. No more taking two pictures then patching them together and hiding the seam. This camera gets it all in one shot!

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

YAY! A new camera! Congrats! :) Can't wait to see new pics taken by this new Panasonic!

Anonymous said...

I had one on order from Adorama but it has been on backorder since June. I called San Jose Camera on a whim not expecting it to be in stock there but to my great surprise they said "yeah we have it" and in my preference of black. So I zipped down there and snagged it before someone else did. Ya I paid sales tax but at least I'm out there taking pics now.
Cheers