HOME

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams + Dry Ice + Airplane = My Front Porch

I came home today and guess what I found? A box. A big box. I thought to myself "Stacie, what is in that big box?" Which is about when I noticed the round purple sticker that said "jeni's!" As in Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams from Columbus, Ohio who makes the best ice cream I've ever had and probably the best ice cream in the whole wide world!

You might remember I had, and fell in love with, Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams when I went to Columbus, Ohio last year. You can see that blog post by CLICKING HERE.

I had to calm down before I opened the box because I was so excited. My new BICFF, Helen, had said she was going to send me some ice cream because she had tried a killer flavor she knew I would love but the last she mentioned was she would send me a tracking number once she had one. I hadn't heard about it again so I was genuinely surprised to find the ice cream on my porch this afternoon.

Beneath the dry ice there was 6 pints of frozen goodness all nestled cold and cozy in the styrofoam shipping container. There was a big warning about not putting the bag of dry ice on your countertop so I didn't.

How gorgeous is this picture? Does it make your mouth water? The flavors she chose included my favorite "Salty Caramel" and the new flavor she had just tried "Mackenzie Creamery Goat Cheese with Cognac Figs." Here are some close ups for you to enjoy:


Mackenzie Creamery Goat Cheese with Cognac Fig Ice Cream


Cranberry Royale Sorbet


Lime Cardamom with Lingonberries Ice Cream


Wildberry Lavender Ice Cream


Thia Chili Ice Cream


Salty Caramel Ice Cream


I am seriously a Jeni's fanatic. I'd been meaning to order a big batch of ice cream by mail but hadn't done it all year because I didn't know when I'd be here to receive the shipment. Now that it's cooler out it's ok if the box sits on the porch for a bit. Once I'm through this batch I may have to order more for my Christmas present to myself. In the meantime you can also become a Jeni's fanatic by joining their Facebook Group!

4 Click Here to Comment:

Kate said...

What a NICE gift! I haven't tried the goat cheese one yet, but I'm going to get on that, because it's seasonal. Glad you got some wildberry lavender, that is my HANDS DOWN favorite. If the seasonal flavors are still there when you place your next order, I cannot push hard enough for the Heirloom Pumpkin 5-Spice and the Red Hot Apple Cider Sorbet!

Tinygami said...

Oh my gosh Kate both of those flavors sound delicious! I may just have to get them :D The goat cheese is really good. It's super rich and creamy ice cream with the subtle but present flavor of the goat cheese blended into the ice cream. The figs are sweet and chewy. Mmmmmmmmm now I want more right now.

Events by Evonne said...

OMG, I have to see if they can ship it to Hawaii. On one hand, I am hoping that they do because I LOVE ice-cream; but on the other, I am hoping they don't as I'd like to watch my waist line! Maybe I shouldn't even look at their website! :(

Tinygami said...

Evonne they do ship to Hawaii! It only costs $15 more then shipping to CA. The thing is the rate is a flat rate up to 9 pints... So I recommend getting a few friends to go in on it with you and split the shipping cost to make it more affordable :)

From the Jeni's website:

Shipping cost per package updated 10/1/2008
$10 to IL, IN, KY, MI, OH, TN, WV
$10 to AL, CT, DC, DE, GA, IA, KS, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, WI
$25 to AR, FL, LA, ME, MS, NE, NH, VT
$30 to ND, OK, SD, TX
$35 to AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY
$50 to AK, HI