HOME

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Beautiful Pink Water Lily Pictures to Brighten Your Day

Ten years ago, shortly after I began my former business creating custom bridal accessories, a client gave me what I'm almost certain is a Nymphaea Hollandia (Darwin) or could possibly be a Nymphaea Madame Wilfron Gonnere water lily plant as a thank you gift.

Over the years the plant has been thriving in a small, pond, container garden (similar to these) with tiny mosquito fish and receiving full sun each day in my yard. Each year it blooms these petite, 36 petal, double (meaning more than the standard number of petals), peony style flowers that are usually 4" to 5" in diameter.

With all of the snow and rain slamming the nation right now I thought it might be a nice time to post this pink lily blossom to share an image of summertime to either reminisce over or look forward to :)

I couldn't choose which was the best so I'm sharing all four of my favorite pictures I took of this small blossom this past summer. If you're interested in keeping a water lily like the Nymphaea Hollandia (Darwin) or Nymphaea Madame Wilfron Gonnere, I can share that mine has been very easy to care for, winters outdoors (they're hardy in zones 4-9) and they're available online on various websites.

0 Click Here to Comment: