HOME

Monday, February 28, 2011

Mark Ferrell Just Put a Feather in My Cap

stacie-tamaki-feather-in-my-cap_400w
It's official. I am a charter member of the MFSTMAS...

I woke up this morning and checked in on Twitter and what did I see? A tweet about this blog post "Featured on The Flirty Blog" written by my friend, wedding industry colleague and public speaking mentor and coach Mark Ferrell.

I felt flattered even as my face heated up and I could feel myself blushing as I read words like "omnipresent," multi-talented," "accomplished" and closing with a completely capitalized "AWESOME!" and this...
"Oh there’s more. Stacie is incredibly intelligent – a very quick study. If I may say, she just really kicked butt in the MC workshop last year in San Jose. Stacie was the first non-DJ I’ve had in my workshop and I must say that it was a distinct pleasure to work with someone who had barely ever used a microphone in front of an audience before."
So that's a picture of me, feeling very flattered and more than a little embarrassed by the many kind words Mark wrote about me. Me, charter member of the Mark Ferrell & Stacie Tamaki Mutual Admiration Society (MFSTMAS). LOL

mark-ferrell-website

But seriously, learning to be a more effective public speaker, being able to connect with an audience and have fun doing it? I never would have thought it was possible. But taking the MC Workshop showed me the way. Since then I've accepted as many public speaking engagements as I've been able to and can honestly say that it gets easier and more fun to get up there and hold a microphone each time.

I had posted about Mark's newly launched, 2011, nationwide workshop schedule last week, which was (in part) what prompted him to write his very kind and flattering post about little ol' me today.

Because each workshop is limited to 8 attendees I wanted to make sure that you were among the first to learn his schedule in case you are interested in meeting and working with Mark yourself. And, btw, I'm not a sales rep for Mark. I'm just a sincere believer that sole proprietor entrepreneurs should be able to present themselves confidently and effectively to clients, potential clients and their colleagues at all times.

If you're interested, here are Mark's 2011, two day Workshop Dates & Locations one more time:

April 18-19, 2011 Mobile, AL
April 26-27, 2011 Gainesville, FL
May 9-10, 2011 Atlanta, GA
May 16-17, 2011 Knoxville, TN
May 25-26, 2011 Greensboro, NC
June 7-8, 2011 Frederick, MD
June 20-21, 2011 Hartford, CT
July 6-7, 2011 Akron, OH
July 13-14, 2011 Chicago, IL
August 2-3, 2011 Minneapolis, MN
August 16-17, 2011 Kansas City, MO
August 29-30, 2011 Denver, CO
October 12-13, 2011 San Jose, CA
November 1-2, 2011 Seattle, WA

As I read Mark's post I felt I was channeling Stuart Smalley. Remember him? Years ago he was the "Daily Affirmations" expert on Saturday Night Live. His most famous quote (slightly edited here) was:
"I'm gonna help people because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, Mark Ferrell likes me."
LOL I have to admit I'm feeling a bit like "Stacie Smalley" this morning.

A BIG Thank You to Mark Ferrell for the blog post. It was a nice message to wake up to and a great way to start the day :) I hope many DJ's and Non-DJ's realize what a valuable experience you are offering in your MC workshops and sign up while there's still still space available.

You can learn more about Mark and his workshops at www.MarkFerrell.com.

(ETA Thanks to Ron Grandia for spinning "people like me" to "Mark Ferrell likes me." Classic!)



If you liked this post you'll probably like these too:
• Mark Ferrell's 2011 Public Speaking Workshop Schedule
• Mark Ferrell's Master of Ceremonies Workshop
• Shout of Mouth with Mark Ferrell

2 Click Here to Comment:

Mark Ferrell said...

"MFSTMAS" LOL!
Too true. Very funny.

Hope to see you soon. It's always fun!

Mark Ferrell said...

"MFSTMAS" LOL!
Too true. Very funny.

Hope to see you soon. It's always fun!