HOME

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How Did I Overcome My Fear of Public Speaking?

Mark and Rebecca Ferrell will be back in San Jose Oct. 12 and 13th, 2011 to offer the same workshop I took a year ago the last time they were in town. Most of you know Mark as my public speaking coach-mentor-guru.

Mark and Rebecca Ferrell created the Marbecca Method

And here's some super cool news I've been waiting to share with you: The Flirty Guide is so excited about the San Jose Bronze Level Workshop I am sponsoring a $200 per person discount* if the workshop sells out!

If a picture is worth a thousand words than these four say it all! 

With a very limited maximum of 8 attendees per session, the personal attention and direction you need to receive from Mark to make real progress is guaranteed.

Pictures on the left were from the start of day 1, pictures on the right were at the end of day 2.

It's not an overstatement to say the MC Workshop literally changed my life. I learned how to present myself much more effectively and professionally, gained confidence and lost most of my stage fright in the process. I think the before and after photos say it all.

The MC Workshop I Attended in May 2010

Anyone who ever holds a microphone to speak in front of a crowd will benefit as will anyone who is self employed and is their company's only spokesperson. Even though the class is geared to help DJ's become better MC's, I learned skills that have already helped me to be more effective when:
  • Introducing myself at Networking Events
  • Consulting with Clients
  • Performing Public Speaking
  • Being interviewed by Phone for a Podcast
I also already know I am now better prepared for future television and video opportunities as I followed up the workshop with a day long private consultation with Mark to improve my on-camera skills.

Success!

From Mark Ferrell's Website:

The Bronze Level is an introduction to being a true Master of Ceremonies, including the definition, duties, and elements for proper execution of those duties. The workshop covers the basics of the physical, technical, and emotional aspects of of the job and puts you on the path to “Mastery".

MC – Bronze Level Workshop, San Jose, CA

Date: October 12-13, 2011

Time: 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM Wednesday and Thursday

Location: South Bay Location - to be announced

Space: Limited to 8 attendees per workshop

Price: Original Price $950 per person - As soon as we sell it out the San Jose Workshop's new price will be $750 per person. If you are interested please contact me and let me know or contact Rebecca Ferrell  so we can keep an accurate headcount. When we reach eight she will set up a special registration link with the discounted price.

If we top off at 7 attendees in San Jose and need an eighth I'm planning on registering to take the Bronze Level again as a refresher course. But if eight people want to attend I'd be thrilled to offer the $200 discount to each and every one of you!



And more photos from past MarBecca workshops nationwide. . .


Great job guys!


The workshops can be lots of fun!


The only thing is I look at these photos and feel like something is missing. . .


Wait, that's Rebecca Ferrell in the Front Row


Um, but why is she the only woman in these photos? Why are only men taking the Marbecca workshops?

Cindy Ormond

Meet Cindy Ormond, the only woman to take the Bronze Level Workshop so far this year. WTG Cindy!

Did I mention I was the first non-DJ to ever take a MarBecca workshop and am one of only a handful of women to ever attend?

I don't get it. We have just as much to gain as the guys so why aren't more women attending? Come on ladies, let's get in there and show the guys how it's done :D



* The discount is applied to the non-member's price lowering the original $950 price to $750 and cannot be combined with the member's discount.

0 Click Here to Comment: