HOME

Friday, August 5, 2011

Meet Chef Tal Ronnen at Draeger's Menlo Park Today!


LYFE Kitchen and celebrated vegan Chef Tal Ronnen will be hosting a demo today at Draeger’s in Menlo Park, CA. Chef Tal will be cooking Sweet Corn Chowder with fresh tomato, chives and basil and Ancient Grains Teriyaki Gardein Bowl with steamed brown rice, ancient grains, farro, quinoa and topped with teriyaki Gardein beef.

The complimentary demo is from 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.

The address is:
Draeger’s in Menlo Park
1010 University Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025


Here Tal was creating his Ancient Grains Bowl using farro and quinoa (brown rice can be substituted), Gardein brand beefless tips, red onion, sugar snap peas, red bell pepper, carrot, cilantro, green onion, lime wedges and a custom ginger sauce at the LYFE Kitchen Fork LIfting event in June.


The dish looked and smelled delicious! I usually don't care for faux meat products but I tried the Gardein BBQ Pulled Shreds a faux pork "meat" last week and it was pretty terrific! I made pulled bbq styled sandwiches with some melted cheese and freshly sliced jalapenos from my garden. One package made two sandwiches. I'll definitely be trying more Gardein products in the future.


I'll be bringing my copy of Tal's book The Conscious Cook with me tomorrow in the hopes he'll have a minute to autograph it for me. I got to chat with him a bit in June and he was really nice. It was while watching him cook that I realized that even though I went vegetarian (part time vegan) over a year ago I haven't purchased any vegetarian cookbooks. I've been cooking from regular books omitting and substituting meat based ingredients.

Hope to see you at Draeger's today. If you see me there be sure to say hello :)

0 Click Here to Comment: