HOME

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

If you see a Yeti walking towards you, it might be me

Remember the picture below from last year? I'd found this really cute knitted hat with knitted deer antlers at American Eagle Outfitters while I was at the mall with my girlfriend Judy. I thought "Hey that's really cute and it would be funny if hubby and I were both wearing them in our Christmas photo." I bought one, took it home and asked hubby if he'd wear one. He said no way.

Winter 2010

So I thought I'd keep it and wear it when I'm out walking the dog because I have weird ears and get ear aches if it's too windy outside. I usually stuff some cotton or wadded up Kleenex® down my ear holes to keep the wind out. Once I didn't have either so I put Ricola gumdrop shaped mints in my ears to block the wind. My hearing was minty fresh.

Then a month later, hubby signed up for a night time photography course at Aperature Academy. It was in San Francisco in January and hubby figured it would be really cold so he asked if he could borrow my antler hat. I said sure and guess what? I never got it back. He got so many compliments on it he kept it for himself! He even told me it was his hat now.

He tried to go back to the store to buy himself one but they were sold out so that was that. I was once again hatless.

Winter 2011

Until just the other day, almost a year later, I was at the mall and finally found a new hat to call my very own at Chapel Hats. It's a "Yuki the Yeti" hat. I had to look up what a Yeti was on Wikipedia:

"The Yeti or Abominable Snowman is an ape-like cryptid said to inhabit the Himalayan region of Nepal, and Tibet."


Turns out Yuki has lots of friends so if you're on the lookout for a funny, warm, ear flap hat the collection of Knitwits on their official website may have just what you're looking for.

We were in Los Gatos the other night so I asked hubby to pose with me for a picture in front of the giant Christmas tree! LOL It wasn't perfect but our hats looked great :)

0 Click Here to Comment: