HOME

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas from the Flirty Girl

This Christmas Day I got a bit nostalgic thinking about past Christmases. It started when I decorated my tree for the first time in years. Then I thought about past trees, the places I used to live, friends and family who have passed away and are no longer with us, the bowling alley pizza we'd eat on Christmas Eve (my uncle worked there) and the prime rib dinner my Auntie Mary would serve at her house each Christmas night. I also thought about the 600 cookies I used to bake and ship each year and more recently, Kitai opening his wrapped presents with as much excitement as any human kid ever has :D

I suspect my family loved me more when I sent them cookies boxes. LOL

I think what triggered my nostalgia was seeing all of the holiday photos, fun and goodwill posted on my friend's Facebook walls. I love seeing them and appreciate how much they can make others feel really good. Reading about other people's happiness feels like being wrapped in a cozy blanket of goodwill.

Yesterday my friend Mia posted this quote which I shared on Facebook and received back a large response of likes and comments from other friends letting me know that despite the commercialization of Christmas, when it comes down to it, it's all about what's in our hearts that matters most:

"Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect."
- Oren Arnold

So today I wish you and yours all of the above and more. I hope you and your family have a wonderful day filled with many happy moments that, when you look back on them next year, will become special memories that make you smile :)

0 Click Here to Comment: