HOME

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Oceanic SF Street Art by Henry Lipkis

While up in San Francisco for Macworld I happened upon a rather magnificent piece of street art. #1 it's gorgeous. #2 it's huge.

"The Catch" by Henry Lipkis

It's located on Mission between 3rd and 4th Streets along the eastside plaza wall in front of the Contemporary Jewish Museum.


I'm no expert when it comes to the street art scene but I absolutely love when something creative takes me by surprise and makes me stop in my tracks. I always like to give credit where credit is due so I photographed artist Henry Lipkis' signature on the mural and Googled him. That's how I found out he painted this mural in 12 hours as a piece of performance art at Yerba Buena Night in November 2012.


You can watch him create the entire mural, including the diver to the left I didn't include in the picture, on this Youtube video.

You can see more of Henry's work on his website or follow him on Facebook. I hope someday you get the chance to see "The Catch" in person. Here's how to find it:


0 Click Here to Comment: