HOME

Thursday, July 25, 2013

A fantastic Farmer's Market Frittata at LYFE Kitchen

The other morning Hubby needed a ride to work which gave me the perfect opportunity to have breakfast at one of my favorite restaurants: LYFE KItchen.

From their summer breakfast menu I ordered the Farmer's Market Frittata which is made of Organic Egg-Whites, Avocado, Spinach, Scallions, Cheddar, and served with Fingerling Potato Hash, and a mildly spicy Salsa Fresca Sauce ($6.49).

It was FANTASTIC and by fantastic I mean incredibly delicious and healthy.

This was one of the best meals I've ever had at LYFE Kitchen.

The meals at LYFE are so balanced you don't have to worry about consuming a day's worth of calories or sodium in a single meal. It was only 343 Calories and contained 568 mg of sodium.


But here's what I couldn't get over. Look how vibrantly green the baby spinach was. I've never seen spinach in a frittata, omelet, or scramble that was so beautifully green before. Usually spinach looks boiled, cooked, and kind of muddy greenish-brown or just a very dark opaque green which isn't nearly as appetizing as seeing it so fresh you're startled by its color.

And the avocado added more green and a richness to the texture of the frittata.


And the potatoes with their spicy sauce and grilled onions were the perfect accompaniment. The portion was almost too large for me to finish.


But that may have been because I also ordered the Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Water.


If you looked closely you could see the chia seeds suspended in the liquid. The flavor was a little tart and sweet, but not cloyingly sweet. I found it to be refreshing and would definitely order it again, especially on a hot day.


But my eating there isn't all the news I have to share. Another new LYFE Kitchen just opened in Tarzana, CA this week! If you live nearby you should go and try the Farmer's Market Frittata! I know I'll be going back for another at the Palo Alto location before too long because it was that yummy!

For more information about their new product line of grocery store entrees you can visit their website:


Or one of their restaurants:

LYFE Kitchen Tarzana, CA
18700 Ventura Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 91356


LYFE Kitchen Palo, Alto CA
167 N. Hamilton, Palo Alto, CA 94301
650-325-LYFE (5933)


LYFE Kitchen Culver City, CA (Read my Culver City location review)
9540 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232
310-507-7955


LYFE Kitchen Chicago
OPENING FALL 2013
419 N. Clark Street in River North, Chicago

0 Click Here to Comment: