HOME

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Goodbye Squash

Today was one of those awful days. Those days you hope will never come even though you know they will. Today we had to make the heartrending decision to put our kitty to sleep.

Here are just a few pictures that capture what a sweet cat Squash was.

Thank you Paul and Michelle for the upper right image.

I will miss you dearly Squash. You were my late night blogging buddy, always wanting to rub your mouth and head against my hands when I was clickity-clacking on my keyboard. And my early morning snuggle buddy often curled up against me sound asleep when I awoke. You were so sweet and a friend to all who entered this house, whether they wanted to be your friend or not. As hard and sad as it was to let you go it was the right thing to do.

I'm glad you had a good morning this morning. Eating, purring, soaking in the scritchy-scratches just as happily as you had every other time I'd ever scratched your little grey head and face.

I miss you so much. I hope you arrived at your destination on angel's wings and you're now free of sickness and happily purring because you are at peace. You are not alone. You took a little piece of my heart with you to keep you company.


0 Click Here to Comment: